9 Benefits of Spending Time With God
All relationships take time. A relationship with God, while unlike other relationships in many ways, still follows the rules of other relationships. Spending time with God is one way we can build, deepen and grow an intimate relationship with God.
Spending time with God benefits us in many ways.
When you spend time with God, so many things will change in your life.
You won’t be the one in the prayer lines all the time, you wil be the one praying for others.
You won’t be the one running to your pastor for counselling and prayers all the time, you will be counselling others.
You won’t be the one needing encouragement all the time, you wil be encouraging others.
We all start out the same place, but we don’t have to remain there forever. We have to desire to grow. And move beyond desire, take intentional steps to make out time to spend regular time with God.
You cannot stay strong in the Lord if you don’t spend regualar time with God.
- Spending Time with God changes us. 2 Corinthians 2:18
- Spending Time With God Increases our Peace. John 20:19
- Spending Time wih God increases our Joy. Psalm 16:11
- Spending time with God increases our dependency on Him
- Spending time with God makes us whole, content, satisfied, fulfilled, complete. John 4:14
- Spending time with God makes us strong. Isaiah 40:31
- Spending time with God protects us. Psalm 91
- Spending time wih God gives us boldness and confidence Acts 4:13
- Spending time with God brings deliverance
Spending time alone with God rids our minds of distraction so that we can focus on Him and hear His Word. Abiding in Him, we enjoy the intimacy to which He calls us and come to truly know Him.
If we do not spend time with God, we will find needs unmet; we will not truly know the abundant life He gives; we will always run to others for encouragement and prayers; we will find that we get depressed easily; and we will be parading around town as ‘Christians’ yet without a working intimate relationship with God.
Spending time with God has huge benefits that a believer in God should never miss.
We are to strive daily and intentionally seek out ways to spend more time with God; not just for what we get from Him, but for the fact that God enjoys having us around.
The fact that God desires to have us around Him all the time and the benefits we get from being around Him should encourage us to spend regular time wih God.
Are you spending time with God?
What benefits have enjoyed or do you currently enjoy from spending regular time with God?